Effective Social Media Strategies For Shopify + Amazon
Social media platforms are the go-to for most digital consumers today. Whether it’s to check on the latest trends, to communicate with friends or family, to make a purchasing decision, or to look for inspiration, social platforms are like huge general stores where people can get almost everything they need.
With 4.33 billion global social media users reported at the start of 2021, it’s very clear that social media is an excellent tool for marketing. Imagine the number of potential customers you can reach with an eye-catching and relevant social media post! If done the right way, you can reach success levels for your brand that you never thought possible.
Social Media Marketing With Amazon and Shopify
You are most likely using one of these prominent eCommerce platforms in selling your products. Amazon is unarguably a top-tier marketplace with a solid customer base, while Shopify is great for brand building, a cost-saving and user-friendly platform. Pairing social media with these platforms enhances the visibility of your brand and increases your sales. In case you don’t have a social media strategy in place yet, we’ll get you started with this guide on effective social media selling for Amazon and Shopify!
Building A Solid Profile for Social Media Marketing
Before you can test social media strategies for Shopify, you need to build a solid profile, then go through the specifications for social media marketing on Amazon and Shopify, but before you do so it is best to create a general foundation of your strategies first. For example, in writing a marketing plan, you need solid details about your goals, target market, content creation process, and execution procedures. Go over these things and ensure all actions for implementation will contribute to the achievement of your brand’s goals.
- What is your goal? Choose between increasing brand awareness, driving more traffic, getting customer feedback, increasing sales, and more. You can have more than one goal, but don’t forget to work on them according to priority.
- Who is your target audience? Understand who you are selling to. What is the age range? Where do they reside? What are their occupations and interests? Why do you think they would buy your product?
- What content do you plan to create? List down the types of content you think would work on your social media audience. Some examples are (but not limited to) industry or company content, inspirational content, educational content, and promotional content. Place these in ads, images, videos, infographics, polls, and more.
- Which social channels are you tapping? Consistency is an essential factor of a branding strategy. Post regularly or follow a fixed posting schedule using a consistent brand aesthetic and voice. Keep that in mind when choosing the platforms to use. Today’s most prominent social marketing sites are Facebook, Tiktok, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- How are you going to execute your strategies? Determine how you are going to launch social media content. A fixed and consistent schedule is important to maintain brand visibility, and various online tools can help you create a social media calendar.
When building your marketing plan, always refer to your eCommerce customer data to guide you to make better decisions. If your data manipulation and interpretation skills are not up to the task, why not try a 3rd party Shopify app, – like Conversific, to make the interpretation of customer data easy, and its easy to install too. It provides a unified dashboard and KPI reports using both Shopify and GA data.
Increase Traffic and Conversions: Amazon Social Media Strategies
Amazon continuously earns the trust of customers worldwide, to the point where people consider the platform the eCommerce gold standard. They either buy directly from Amazon, use it to look for reviews of a particular product, or use Amazon to search for inspiration. If you want to increase product listing visibility and conversions, using social media is perfect for the job. Here are some effective strategies to get you started:
The Right Platforms
Work hard and work smart. It’s not necessary to use all social media platforms out there—find the ones that work well with your brand’s tone and purpose. Of course, choosing the most popular social media platforms is a wise choice, but identify the reason behind their popularity. That should give you an idea on how to use social platforms correctly.
As of the latest social media statistics, these are the most recommended social media platforms for marketing in 2021:
- Facebook – engagement and brand authority
- YouTube – company culture and product or service demonstrations
- LinkedIn – B2B prospecting
- Instagram – visual brand building
- TikTok – participation in viral trends and entertainment skits
- Twitter – brand authority in your niche
- WhatsApp – direct communication with customers
Make sure to conduct accurate research of each platform’s expertise so you can maximize your social media marketing efforts for Amazon.
You shouldn’t simply sell and tell everyone to buy your products. You need to play a more significant role in the community: a brand that can educate, inspire, and entertain its target audience. There are three most common types of social media content with different objectives:
- Curated content: Latest news, events, or trends related to your industry
- Promotional content: Direct promotional posts about your business (sales, company announcements, special events, and more)
- Owned content: Blogs, product photos, product or services tutorials, Amazon listings, and more
Experts recommend your social media content to have a large amount of curated content and the smallest amount of promotional content. It helps you become more valuable to the community—a brand that wants to educate its audience. Therefore, content variety builds brand awareness, authority, and loyalty.
Special Offers and Product Testing on Stories
The limited display time feature on Messenger and Instagram stories is a great opportunity to urge customers to act on your products. What you need to do is to put on product testing or limited sale content with a call-to-action button on stories so customers can contact you directly.
When they do, you can provide easy step-by-step instructions via chat about how it works until you can score the sale. This interaction helps improve your seller ranking on Amazon, and it also enhances your customer service skills; this can earn you more positive feedback in the future.
Be social on social media. This is your chance to actively communicate with your customers, and chatbots are a fun and creative way to let them know more about your brand. In addition, you can customize your responses through automated messenger programs.
You can get many loyal customers from human-to-human marketing. Customers love being talked to like a human in spite of the restrictions of digital communication, so try and make your automated responses as humanlike as possible.
Playing Safe, Secure, and Genuine
Some Amazon sellers execute prohibited tactics to level up against the competition. As a consequence, the seller might face an account suspension. To secure your store, avoid doing certain activities: creating multiple accounts, providing inaccurate seller information, getting invoices from unauthorized sources, and many more.
But what if you’re suspended for a reason you can’t control? What if you’re suspended because of counterfeiters and hijackers? One of the best Amazon suspension tips is to file for an Amazon seller suspension appeal. Don’t know how to do this? Get in touch with a professional Amazon management agency to walk you through the steps.
Sell Quickly, Uniquely, and Efficiently: Shopify Social Media Strategies
Shopify is one of the most accessible platforms for eCommerce offering a neat and interactive shopping experience. It offers a low-cost monthly fee, serves reliable and secure hosting, and is an excellent marketplace for dropshipping. Create a seamless Shopify store, and you can engage customers further and generate sales with the help of a social media strategy.
Social Apps on Shopify
Shopify knows social media marketing can help your business grow. The platform currently offers a range of plugins that can guide you to better social media selling. These social apps add custom feeds to your store, help you discover relevant influencers, build communities, and many more. Look into these Shopify apps and try them out!
- Outfy – Creates engaging content and automates posts
- Fera – Manages product reviews
- FOMO – Displays recent social proof (reviews, orders, visits, and more) to increase conversions
- Provesource – Displays recent sales pop-ups to create buying urgency
- AutoPost for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter – An auto-publishing and custom campaign creation app
- SocialBar Social Media Icons – Adds custom icons of popular social media platforms
- Facebook Shop Channel – Automatically syncs your Facebook and Instagram accounts to your products for increased marketing
- Instafeed – Adds a professional instagram feed or gallery to your store to increase engagement
- Etsy, Facebook & Photo Reviews by Kudobuzz – Collects and markets product reviews to enhance SEO and marketing strategies
Influencer marketing involves offering influencers product samples with an agreement to share your products and services to their audience. It’s one of the fastest-growing marketing strategies today. If you are discouraged because you don’t have a large social media audience, influencers can help you reach out to a broader population of potential customers!
Influencers are famous social media people; they have thousands to millions of followers, so working with them can help you tap a larger audience. To find the right influencer, set your goals first. What do you want to achieve in social media and what platform do you plan to use? When these goals are set, find influencers using research tools like Buzzsumo or Followerwonk that filter influencers mentioning content related to your niche. From there, check the demographics of the influencer and their audience to determine if they match your marketing goals.
Converting Your Product Into a Story
The role of social media in your marketing plan is to build a community: it should spark educational and inspiring conversations aside from direct selling. Since you already have an eCommerce website to promote your products using category pages, marketing them on social media should be different.
Instead of a simple product photo with technical details as the caption, make a story about it. How does it help someone in their daily life? How does it solve a particular concern? For example, if you’re marketing your Shopify on Tiktok, it should be short, sweet, fun, and engaging—considering the audience that uses the platform.
Social media is worth the investment because it has the power to spread awareness through sharing. Social media is the main communication platform for most online users, and they spend a lot of time on it. That makes a great opportunity to utilize social sites now more than ever! Amazon and Shopify are excellent tools for eCommerce—combining them with social media marketing will boost your sales and online presence.
Try to be patient: there’s no overnight success with eCommerce marketing. Instead, take the necessary steps in developing an online presence one at a time. Start with an optimized website and by following external marketing strategies, including social media. While implementing these, maintain a consistent brand look and tone. This way, your audience will have a unique impression of you and will engage further if you capture their interest. Execute your social selling skills now!