How to Build a Better Store Brand ?
Say you have products you want to roll out under a new store, how do you make your store more relevant to customers than any other store selling the same product?
Why would they buy from you and not them?
This is a common problem for serial Shopify entrepreneurs and is a question of branding.
While success with side products is always a pleasant surprise, it poses a bit of a quandary because it is always unplanned for, and therefore by definition, can not be optimized for effectively on your existing store.
Consequently, the decision to roll out yet another store brand from an existing one is usually not a choice at all.
Table of Contents
How do you know if you need to Roll out a new Store Brand?
Here’s how to tell if you need to build a new one, ask yourself the question “Do I have products that are doing well that were not in the original store design?”
Your marketing and advertising efforts are designed to promote your core product range and so these new products are likely to do better on a separate store, specifically designed to reach the right target group/audience.
In cases such as these, building an effective marketing strategy is essential to building a niche store brand. Look beyond these products and ask the question what else might sell well with these products on a new store and with a new store brand?
Shopify Store Marketing Strategy.
In order to devise a successful marketing strategy for a new store brand you need to determine who your ideal product audience is?
Your eCommerce data provides valuable insights into your audience and so if you have discovered new items via another store, then you already have a good idea who to target based on the sales made on your existing store, – here however you are likely to have only tapped into one small segment of the potentially much wider audience. To learn more about the kind of buyers you might encounter (who you should target):-
- Carry out a customer survey / elicit feedback from customers, gather psychographic data via custom fields.
- Delve into your analytics data and analyse customer journey throughout your website. Is there a common pattern of behaviour? Segment and …….
- A/B test your sales ideas on your existing customers (create an website sales popup campaign) to test sales messages.
- Do some competitor research, – backlink / keyword analysis of competitors stores selling those same / similiar products. What else are they selling?
- Ask the manaufacturers supplying these products.
- Check your customer demographics! Age, location, device etc.
How to Reach Your Audience
Once again, you have a good start in so much that you already have a working marketing channels for selling some of these items. Based on the results of your audience definition (above) you can choose new marketing channels to try for marketing your new Shopify store.
Based upon your newly defined audience, consider why they might need your product and define a brand identity based around your products and your defined audience.
Consider your customers pain points, ask what you can do, – as a brand to alleviate their pain and fear. How does your product solve their problem, communicate the answer to this question clearly via product pages and sales pages.
Provide a clear category structure based upon your new audience, – their needs, and upon competitor research of stores selling similar products.al
Why Should they trust Your Store Above Every Other?
While a catchy USP is always helpful, building a brand is about building trust in you. There are many simple things that can be done that can elicit trust, the below are the most important.
- Develop content for every consumer type (personalization) so that you can talk about your product in reference to, and in context of their need.
- Build a conversion funnel that educates the users about your product and its use. Unboxing and use case videos and images must be used. Mark stages with micro-conversions to elicit buy-in and to build trust.
- Define a clear returns policy that is generous to the customer.
- Request feedback on service
- Provide real time customer support (live chat)
- Use trust seals – reassure customers your website is secure
- Provide your Brand with a human face (someone behind the brand to identify with)
- Implement GDPR compliance requirements and let them know you respect their privacy.
- Utilize recently purchased technology – notify’s customer when others are purchasing (Shopify App).
Provide a loyalty program, offering discounts and special offers.
In the long term look to be everywhere, – become Omnipresent, create channels across the social media spectrum and actively communicate there. Utilize chat and a chat bot to assist your customers.
In addition to the points above, utilize seasonal events like Halloween, Valentines Day and Christmas to stay-in-touch with the customer.
Building a store brand is a trust building exercise, the branding should relate to your customers, their needs and concerns. By fulfilling the 10 points above you will be well on the way to building a successful brand.
Most importantly, communicate often and relevantly. Go out of your way to help customers and by doing so, you show that you care about them.
Engage with your customers and request feedback, show that their input matters, -make them feel that they matter to you.
Understanding your customers is at the heart of this brand building process, Conversific helps you to learn about the needs of your customers through your Shopify data. Gain insights into your customers to better understand how to optimize your store with Conversific.
Marketing and Profit Analytics for Shopify and WooCommerce Stores
Skyrocket your online store without losing control! Know what brings your true profit! 📈Create a Forever Free Account Now
Award winning analytics solution