Best eCommerce Marketing Strategies for
Build eCommerce marketing strategies that distinguish your brand from your competitors and achieve the desired results from your strategy. Read this blog to know more about the best eCommerce marketing strategies.
Online marketing has generated a lot of hot-headed competition among some brands, where the competition was already fierce. This competition has created a sort of dilemma in the minds of consumers, as to which brand amongst the many is best for them, and raises the question “which brands are likely to last”.
It becomes the responsibility of the ecommerce marketer to get recognition for the business they serve and for themselves . Staying ahead of their competitors is a hard task but not an impossible one.
It all depends on your e-commerce marketing strategy. Your strategies must create an inimitable impression in the customer’s mind. Also, creating impressive outbound strategies become necessary to help customers to find your brand among the many.
Table of Contents
Drive Cost Effective Conversions Through ecommerce Strategies
Beginning an e-commerce business and achieving the desired results in the form of conversions is not a one-day process. It requires time and resources.
In simple terms below is the process an e-commerce business goes through
The foremost step to begin an e-commerce business is to decide what products you are going to sell.
- The next step is to source your products.
- Set up your store and get visitors to your site through paid advertising.
- The most important step is to turn your visitors into conversions. It is an important metric on which your business will sustain so that you can earn maximum revenues.
Note: An e-commerce business should not only get conversions but it must know how to optimize them.
What is the conversion rate for an e-commerce store :
The end goal of each and every business is to achieve conversions that align perfectly with their business goals. First of all, let us define what an e-commerce conversion rate is.
The conversion rate is the approximate percentage of the visitors who purchased a product from your store in a specific period of time. But conversion is not merely restricted to a purchase. You can define the conversion as per the goal you would like to achieve.
Below are some of the examples of conversions for an ecommerce store :
- A customer purchases a product from your site.
- A user adds a product to the cart.
- A user adds items to the wishlist.
- A user signs up for your services.
- Users share the reviews or posts related to your product on your website.
Now that we have defined the conversions, it’s time to binge on some effective e-commerce strategies for getting conversions :
A Foreword on eCommerce Analytics
The most important aspect of any eCommerce marketing strategy is the data the strategy is built upon, – customer analytics. Therefore it is vital to have the best interpretation of the data to base your decisions upon.
Conversific integrates your Google Analytics data and your Shopify Analytics, breaking down silos emposed by Shopify plan limitations.
By displaying Customer Analytics in a holistic, clear easy to read dashboard you can make better eCommerce decisions.
What Are The Ecommerce Marketing Strategies
All e-commerce marketers should use cost-effective eCommerce marketing strategies. Also, you must remember, taking baby steps is important rather than taking one big step altogether and avoid as much as e-commerce marketing mistakes you can. Let us see some of the strategies :
1) Create an attractive landing page
A prominent step to turn your visitors into conversions begins with your website. If it is not an appealing one, no one is going to buy from you. The site should be appealing and persuasive at the same time.
2) Make navigation easier and simple
Design your website in such a way that people can easily search for their choices. Use the navigation bar at the top of your screen so that people can instantly look for the product that meets their needs in the product category page. Create a search navigation bar so that people can also search for a specific product by putting the keywords in the search box.
Your product pages are the key-concerns to turn visitors into conversions. Also, make sure you display the relevant information along with the product so as not to confuse them.
Create a chatbot section on your product pages so that users feel free to contact you in times of chaos and confusion.
3) Use personalization to win customer loyalty
Personalisation is the best way to provide a seamless experience to the customers. There are two ways through which you can optimize your user’s experience :
Engage them with dynamic content
Give the right pathways to the visitors to reach their destination.
You can achieve Personalisation by creating dynamic content and tailor-made content. You can also segment your visitors on the basis of their demographic, geographic, and behavioral data to attain maximum benefits out of personalization.
Create pathways to attract potential visitors. Engage the previous customers with a similar product or upsell your products on the basis of their past purchases. To achieve this, point them to the collection of products that relate to each other.
4) Achieve optimization for your sites
SEO plays an important role in e-commerce marketing because if your website and landing pages are not optimized, people would not be able to find you.
Use carefully selected keywords for your content to make sure people can find you easily. Use the words which make it easy for a general audience to find you, using their terminology, not yours.
5) Include reviews on your product pages
Reviews and testimonials play an important part that can upgrade your brand’s performance and help you achieve the cost-effective conversions.
More than 80 percent of people believe in their friends and acquaintances when they are going to purchase any product. You can also ask customers to share their reviews on different social media portals, which can fetch the attention of more customers.
6) Content marketing is the key
Content marketing is not only restricted to just blogs and articles. Even the content on your website and email campaigns play a major role in catching and maintaining the customer’s attention and driving them towards the conversion route you have built for them. Similarly, e-books are also a good example of content marketing which is used to fetch lead magnets. E-books provide definite content about the product which again can drive a visitor to purchase your product.
Content marketing is a cost-effective ecommerce marketing strategy. You can do it for yourself or if you want to achieve optimization, it’s better to hire a content writer.
Note: Remember to write your blog posts which can engage the visitor very well. The blogs must not only be about your products but it should be about the different ways people can engage through your product.
7) Put your brand forward with guest posts
Content marketing is already extending its reach. Guest Posts are a new way to put your brand forward in front of the new audience. The aim is to get key links to your site.
Remember to submit posts to the qualitative publications. Focus on only those publications which you want your business to associate with.
Difficulties you can face while guest posts :
- Sometimes you are required to pay for a link or a sponsored post. It can certainly lend you in trouble, the risk you take is that Google may penalize your website and downgrade your ranking.
- The best way to search for guest-post opportunities is within your known connections.
- In case you don’t have any connections to utilize from, use some easy tips.
You can also search out from the guest post of your competitors. It will give you the list of the sites where your competitors are posting guest posts.
8) Let influencers promote your brand
Influencer marketing is a big investment for your business but it can help you achieve some magical results. First of all, know who is your target audience and then ask your influencers to promote your brand to them via their network.
9) Email marketing:Email marketing is an integral part of eCcommerce marketing. You can deliver your product recommendations to a massive audience or a segmented audience. As stated above, add a touch of personalization into your email campaigns. You simply have to put the user’s name in the recipient name and target your segmented audience on the basis of their actions or their past purchases. According to one study: 75 percent of personalized emails have more open click rates than normal emails.
10) Add value through social mediaInstagram and Facebook are some of the favorite engaging spots for e-commerce marketers. The reason is the majority of the population is using these social media platforms. Of Course, the said platforms were earlier used only for the interaction with friends and family. But now it has turned into a delectable shopping spree for almost all the customers.
- Target customers who visited specific pages on your website.
- Engage customers who are your email subscribers.
- Target customers who have purchased from you in the past.
- Ping your past customers who have not purchased from a longer period of time.
Here is a list of the marketing automation software that can help you drive conversions in the e-commerce industry :
Push notifications :
E-commerce websites are constantly looking for tools that have manifold advantages. The tool must ease out the process of targeting customers on one hand. On the other hand, it should bring in more conversions and revenues. This is why push notifications are the most trending tool amongst e-commerce websites. Real-time notifications raise conversion rates. At the same time, it offers contextual based communication.
E-commerce marketing can take advantages of these benefits of push notifications :
- Retargeting customers become much easier through push notifications.
- Audience segmentation eases not only the process of targeting customers but it also boosts sales.
- As customers receive the notifications on desktop and devices. The possibilities of conversion rates are much higher.
For example – Let’s take the example of audience segmentation. Audience segmentation makes it easy to send customers what they want to see. It will not only evoke their interest. Also, it will trigger a response. For example: if users visit a specific category of products ( Say sports category). Send them notifications according to their preferences. Optimize the content by adding discount offers on the products.
AB testing: AB testing is a productive tool to evaluate your user’s activity on your website and see through their interactions with you. This is how you can gain more conversions by optimizing the elements of your e-commerce website.
How to use ab testing to upgrade conversions for website :
A/B tests aim at increasing conversion rates. Every web page of the website prompts the user to take the desired action. It is necessary to test the web page elements that are actually prompting users to perform a specific action.
Thus ab testing tools promote conversion by getting the most out of the existing traffic. Also, with maximum conversions, a business can earn maximum revenues.
For example – You are offering a free trial service on your product and at the same time, you are asking the user to fill in his debit card details. It will create a negative effect on users.
Why would anyone give their personal details while you offer them some lucrative services?
See how you can optimize this element by creating a variant for it.
Heatmaps: Unlike other websites, your e-commerce websites are dynamic in nature. They usually have sliders, pop-ups, and drop-downs. It becomes necessary to see how your users are interacting with these elements otherwise you will never be able to achieve great conversions.
You can use different types of heatmaps to optimize different areas of your e-commerce website. For example –
You can use a click heatmap to see how users interact with the key areas of your website,i.e. your texts and banner links. You can also check what elements are users neglecting.
Banners: Banner ads are a great way to incite awareness about your product to the audience. It works in 2 ways: It helps you in directing traffic to your site or if you want to advertise your business on another site. Banner ads help people recognize your brand quickly. There are a few things you must keep in mind while designing a banner :
- Your images must be of higher resolution and quality.
- You must know your target audience to provide catchy offers. Not everyone will align with your brand. Therefore, it’s necessary to segment your audience.
For example, CTA is a key component of a banner ad. It enables users to click on it. You can use phrases like “shop‘’ and “try now”. Make sure it prompts users to click on it instantly.
By far, I guess you must have a list of dozens of ideas to pull up your conversions for your eCommerce marketing strategies. Remember to test the elements of your website to get better results!
Marketing and Profit Analytics for Shopify and WooCommerce Stores
Skyrocket your online store without losing control! Know what brings your true profit! 📈Create a Forever Free Account Now
Award winning analytics solution